Personal Information We Collect
We collect information in several different ways:
• When you provide information directly to us;
• Through automated technology when you access or use the Service; and
• From third-party sources.Personal Information Collected Directly from YouBits Crypto is a mobile application and service that allows you to round your purchases to the next dollar to buy cryptocurrency. It enables you to connect your bank account or credit card account to a crypto wallet, such as your Coinbase wallet (!Crypto wallet”), to automatically make cryptocurrency purchases.We collect the following personal information when you provide it to us:
• Registration Data: When you register to create an account on the Service, we collect the following information: name, email, phone, and profile information from any third parties you authorize and connect to our platform. This can include, for example, information from your Coinbase profile if you have one and connect it to our platform and authorize Coinbase to share that info with us. We will also collect other unique identifiers relating to your Bits Crypto and Crypto wallet account, such as your username, account number, and password.
• Transaction Data: We collect data relating to your transactions on the Service, including Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency addresses, Crypto wallet transactions as well as transaction data from your connected bank and credit card accounts.
• Financial Information: We collect information such as your bank account information to connect to your Bits Crypto account.
• Know Your Customer Data: We may collect certain additional data for compliance purposes such as your Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number and other information to verify your identity.
• Billing information: We may collect credit card number and billing address to process payments in connection with your account.
• Preference Information: We may collect information regarding your preferences information such as transaction history, and marketing preferences;
• Demographic Information: We may collect information such as age, education, gender, interests, and zip code;
• Geolocation Data: We collect IP addresses which may enable us to locate your device. In addition, if you have provided permission through your mobile device to allow us to collect location information through the App, we may obtain your physical location information in terms of latitude and longitude from technologies like GPS, Wi-Fi, or cell tower proximity. You are able to withdraw your permission for us to acquire such physical location information from your mobile device through your mobile device settings, although we do not control this process. We use this information for compliance purposes such as to ensure transactions occur in jurisdictions where permitted by law.
• Job Application Information: We may collect information regarding your education and employment history if you apply for a job with Bits Crypto through our Site or Service.
Information Collected Through Automated Technology
When you visit the Site or download and use our Service, we may automatically collect certain information sent to us by your computer, mobile device, or any other device. This information may include the type of device you use, operating system, browser type, the device identifier (or !UDID”), your IP address, location, mobile network information, and standard web log information, such as your browser type traffic to and from our Site, the pages you accessed on our Site, and other available information.We may also collect information about your use and interaction with the Site, our App, or our Service, including the details of your transaction, the content you viewed, the time you spent on the Site or Service, the pages you viewed, click stream information, and other usage information. We may evaluate your computer, mobile phone, or other access device to identify any malicious software or activity that may affect the availability of the Services.
Information Collected From Other Sources
We may also receive information about you from other sources, such as payment, analytics, and security service providers, affiliates, joint-marketers, social network platforms, and others, consistent with any privacy or sharing choices you have made with any third-party platform.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Bits Crypto uses your personal information as follows:
• to provide the Service, process transactions through the Service and your account, to respond to your inquiries and to provide customer service;
• to analyze usage and improve and develop new features for the Site andService;
• to deliver to you any administrative notices, transaction alerts, and communications relevant to your use of the Service;
• to market products and services to you;
• to process job applications and for related employment purposes;
• for market research, project planning, troubleshooting problems, and detecting and protecting against security breaches, error, fraud, or other criminal activity;
• to respond to law enforcement and government requests and to protect the rights, safety and property of Bits Crypto and others;
• to comply with our legal obligations, such as complying with anti-money laundering and other laws;
• to exercise or defend legal claims and to enforce our agreements and this Policy;
• for other purposes that are reasonably related to the Services; and• for other purposes for which we seek your consent.How We Share or Disclose Your personal informationWe may share or disclose your personal information as follows:
• Consent. Where you have provided consent, we share your information, including personal information, as described at the time of consent.
• Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries solely for the purpose of providing Services to you; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personal information will be maintained by such affiliates and subsidiaries in accordance with this Policy.
• Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
• Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, or are in negotiations for any of these types of transactions, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
• In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
• To Protect Us and Others. We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or breach of security, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our contracts or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
• Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users and their use of the Services with third parties and publicly for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.We do not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes without your consent.With your consent, we may use information you provide to connect you with people you may already know. For example, through our mobile application you may give us permission to identify contacts within your address book as potential new users of BitsCrypto. We may match the contact information you provide to the information provided by other users to improve the Service to make it easier to find contacts you may refer to Bits Crypto that are not already customers.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We will retain and use your information as necessary to complete the purpose for which it was collected, comply with our legal and/or regulatory obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We use these cookies and tracking mechanisms to help us to remember your preferences. The tracking mechanisms are placed on your device to keep track of how many times you’ve visited, how long you’ve spent there, and what you’ve done. That lets us show you things which are relevant to you, based on information you’ve entered and stuff you’ve looked at. The length of time stored depends on the tracking mechanism, but this is generally between a few minutes and up to two years. We never store any of your banking or card details on a cookie or tracking mechanism.We use session cookies to improve our Service and give you a better experience.Session cookies let us see where you spend your time, and work out which bits are most (and least) effective. We use persistent cookies to recognize you when you comeback to our Service. When we spot that it’s you, we’re able to show you the things that we think you like.
Our Site and Service may contain links to third-party websites or services (!Third-PartyServices”). Any access to and use of such Third-Party Service is not governed by thisPolicy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those Third-Party Services. We are not responsible for the information practices of such Third-Party Services.Security of My Personal InformationWe have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should not share your account credentials with any third party. Please note that we are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
What Rights Do I Have Regarding My Personal Information
You may request access, a copy, modification or deletion of personal information that you have submitted to us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also correct information by accessing your Bits Crypto account.In general, we will use reasonable efforts to accommodate such requests to the extent required by law, provided that (a) we may refuse requests in our discretion if permitted by law; and (b) we may be required to retain personal information to comply with legal obligations, accounting requirements, or for other business purposes. We may request additional information to verify the identity of the requesting party before responding to are quest. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site for a period of time.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information forMarketing?
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail.Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests.If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you transaction-related e-mails about your account or any Service you have requested or received from us.
Location of Information
Our Site and Service are offered from the United States and are not intended for use outside the United States. We store any information we collect in the United States. If you access the Service or Site from outside the United States, you agree to the transfer of your information to the United States, which may have less protections for your personal information than your jurisdiction of residence
Our Site and Service are not directed at children. If we become aware that we have collected data without legally valid parental consent from children under 13 years of age, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as soon as possible.
Notice Concerning Do Not Track
Do Not Track (!DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. At this time, we do not recognize or respond to DNT signals.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Site or the Service or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change thisPolicy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on the Site. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site or if you have an account with us, providing notice to the email address in your account (for this reason you should make sure to update your account information promptly if it changes).
California Privacy Notice
Under California Civil Code § 1798.83, California residents who have provided personal information to us may obtain information regarding our disclosures, if any, of personal information to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes. Requests must be submitted to the following address: [Insert Email or Physical Address]. Within 30 days of receiving such a request, we will provide a California Privacy Disclosure, which will include a list of certain categories of personal information disclosed during the preceding calendar year to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, along with the names and addresses of the third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year.